IGEN Networks Corp.
(OTCQB: IGEN, CSE: IGN)
IGEN Networks Corporation provides peace-of-mind to automotive consumers and their families through direct access to Internet-of-Things (IoT) cloud-based services that include Stolen Vehicle Protection, Real-time updates on asset health and Driver Behavior. IGEN is a fully reporting company in both Canada and the United States. It is publicly traded on the OTCQB under the symbol IGEN, and listed on the CSE under the symbol IGN. For more information, please visit www.igen-networks.com and www.NimboTracking.com.
Murrieta, CA - (Marketwired – August 22, 2017) – IGEN Networks Corporation (OTCQB: IGEN, CSE: IGN), a Company that offers peace-of-mind to automotive consumers and their families through the protection and management of their mobile assets, is pleased to announce the filing of its second quarter Q2-2017 financials along with operational milestones completed in during the quarter. A conference call led by CEO Neil Chan will occur after the close of trading today at 1:15 pm PST / 4:15 pm EST to discuss results in more detail. All interested parties are welcome, and call instructions are provided at the end of this release.
Over the last 14 months, IGEN’s wholly-owned subsidiary Nimbo Tracking has targeted new car franchise dealerships to include its product in every car that is delivered to the lot (The “Pre-Load” Model). This aftermarket product allows dealerships to identify and manage all vehicles in its inventory as the vehicles are sold through the dealership channel to the consumer.
Upon purchase of a new vehicle, the product is provisioned for the consumer offering smartphone accessibility to a broad range of programmable real-time alerts including theft, break-in of the vehicle, location records, boundary alerts, driver behavior (speeding, rpm, hard-breaking), and even the health of a vehicle’s battery. These aftermarket services are sold as Stolen Vehicle Protection Plus (SVR+) as one to three years bundled services.
To date, Nimbo Tracking products and services (www.nimbotracking.com) have been provisioned across most OEM brands that include imports like Honda, Toyota, Nissan; luxury brands that include Lexus, Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, BMW; and domestic brands that include Chevrolet, General Motors, and Ford. Nimbo Tracking products are also compatible with all pre-owned vehicles regardless of year or brand.
Financial results and milestone achievements for the quarterly period ended June 30, 2017 include the following:
· In addition to Verizon, IGEN’s has initiated activations with Sprint to broaden its carrier base for large volume activations and airtime cost reductions.
· The Company continues to add pre-load new car dealership clients and is currently trial testing its products and software at several dealership groups across the US. Increased staffing announced earlier this year in California and the opening of a new sales office in Charlotte, NC is beginning to demonstrate progress.
· IGEN has formally launched product development programs that include upgrades to mobile apps along with further development of next generation services for the consumer automotive industry.
· Third-party developer MC3 was hired to further develop IGEN’s software platforms, effectively tripling product development resources for the company.
· Quarterly revenues were $398,123 compared to $178,087 for the same period last year representing a gain of 123.5%.
· Six-month revenues were $721,510 compared to $452,094 for the same period representing 63% growth for the first half of the fiscal year.
· Gross profit was $156,739 compared to $77,775 for the same period last year representing an improvement of 101.5%.
· Gross margins were 40% in the quarter, down slightly from 41% in the previous quarter but up from 34.5% for the previous fiscal year.
· Net loss was $126,716 (before employee stock options) compared to $211,803 for the same period last year representing an improvement of 59.8%.
· To reduce costs and streamline its financial reporting, IGEN has closed its Vancouver office and will shift financial duties to staff at its Murrieta, CA office.
· IGEN’s corporate website at http://igen-networks.com has just been upgraded in preparation of new product launches in 2017. The Company welcomes interested parties to visit the corporate home page and download its fact sheet, a recent research report, or updated research comments.
CEO Neil Chan stated, “I am pleased with the growth and direction of IGEN Networks. Based on continued progress with franchise pre-load dealership clients, we are confident that IGEN Networks is positioned to achieve our goals for this fiscal year.” Mr. Chan added, “Operational improvements and product roadmap demonstrate IGEN is well positioned to take a leadership role in the burgeoning IoT consumer automotive industry.”
Today’s conference call to discuss Q2 results and milestone achievements will begin promptly today at 1:15 pm PST / 4:15 pm EST. Callers from the United States should use (310)372-7549 and access code 150727, and from Canada may use (778)819-8331with same access code. If you have a question that you would like answered, please email email@example.com with your questions or text to (310)709-5646 at least one hour prior to the start time and we will try to have them answered. You may request a recording of the call at the same email or text number.
Click link below to Download IGEN Corporate Fact Sheet:
View recent research highlights at:
Please contact us if you wish to receive more information.
Conditions for Viewing this Site
MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE AN OFFERING OF SECURITIES IN ANY JURISDICTION. Information disclosed under the corporate and securities laws of those jurisdictions is not intended to be in any way qualified, amended, modified or supplemented by the information otherwise available in, through or on this Website. Due to the technical and security risks inherent in the Internet, and because a document you access may differ from the original depending on your browser software, the information set out in this Website should not be used for the purpose of making investment decisions. If you are contemplating trading in any securities, you should contact a licensed financial representative or advisor to determine whether the investment is suitable.
Certain statements in this website or the documents included therein may constitute "forward-looking" statements which involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Fund or the Company or industry results, to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. When used in this website or the documents included therein, such statements use such words as "may", "will", "expect", "believe", "plan" and other similar terminology. These statements reflect current expectations regarding future events and operating performance and speak only as of the date of such documents. Forward-looking statements involve significant risks and uncertainties, should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of whether or not such results will be achieved.
Since we are receiving compensation and may hold stock in the company there may be an inherent conflict of interest in our statements and opinions and such statements and opinions cannot be considered independent. We may benefit from any increase in share price of the company. We may sell our shares at any time, without notice, be that before, during or immediately after the release of this material. Furthermore, our associates and/or employees and/or principals may have stock positions in client companies purchased in the open market or in private transactions. Green Chip Investor Relations has been under contract with IGEN Networks Corp. for the majority of the past three years, during which time has received cash and stock for its services. No stock of any kind has been received by Green Chip in 2017 and does not have expect to receive any in the future. Green Chip has received cash compensation of $22,500 thus far for services in 2017. All previous Agreements have been completed satisfactorily.